27 October 2004

Radio

I got a boombox for my birthday, and I listened to the radio most of the day today. I generally listen to Public Radio, but rarely for the whole day. I have to say that I enjoyed having the radio on, even if I wasn't totally listening to it. I was home alone for most of the day and the background noise was nice.

In other news, I got an e-mail from my best friend from high school. She wants to know why I have been avoiding her. I want to tell her that it is because I didn't agree with her lifestyle in college, and before her wedding. I also want to tell her that I have a hard time thinking of her new-found religious convictions as anything but hypocritical. I was hurt by things that I heard about her in the past, but I never confronted her. I am not sure what to tell her. I still care about her a great deal, but I can't get over the past. I just feel like her behavior has been one extreme or the other over the last five years. I will have to sort it out soon, though, because she is asking whether I am her friend or not.

I think that I could really get used to this blog thing. I had my doubts, and I thought it sounded trite. For some reason it seems easier to say what's on my mind in this annonymous mode. I just hope that I can come up with more drama for tomorrow...

No comments: