23 September 2005

Will I Regret This?

I am wondering whether I will regret not finishing my teaching certificate. It feels great to not be in school right now, but I thought I would have had a job by now. I am only reassured by the fact that my finance degree should help me to get a decent job. The financial advisor that I work for currently is great and I like working there, but they want someone who is willing to committ to working there for a long time and I cannot make that kind of committment. I am just not sure what I want to do yet, but I feel like I am missing out on a good opportunity by leaving a good-paying job. I feel very unsettled right now about not having a full-time job and not knowing what the right thing for my is. I feel like the right thing should be apparent to me, but it isn't. I remeber in taking a test in high school that was supposed to tell you what you should do for a living - my results were mortician or attorney. I think that the fact that my home doesn't feel settled is adding to my stress about things not being in place. I am looking forward to remodeling the room that Barry is living in now. I am hoping that I can get the room finished and things moved back in there and finally begin to feel like things are the way they are supposed to be. Maybe my problem is that I am just sitting around waiting for the answer to bite me on the ass. After all this whinging, I am starting to feel like a spoiled brat since I don't have to worry about finding housing or evacuating because of a hurricane at this point in my life.

No comments: