31 March 2008

More Japanese Shopping

My sister and I went on a Japanese shopping spree right here in Southeastern Michigan last Saturday. We started out at Koyama Shoten up in Livonia. I had been there before, but Piper hadn't. It is a pretty good store with lots of confounding packaging. After Koyama, we headed up to Mirai and One World Market in Novi. The Novi stores were yet undiscovered by us, and we were pleasantly surprised. Mirai is full of magazines on topics that I could not begin to describe. Thankfully they sell things I can understand, and appreciate. Cell phone charms and Hello Kitty for example. I am sucker for cute cell phone charms. Just about everything small and electronic has a charm tied to it. It is beyond my husband's comprehension. I also love Japanese pens and pencils and those were in no short supply.

One World Market is essentially just a Japanese grocery store with limited housewares. I found a lovely tea mug. I also found sprouts! They come in a small square container with the roots still connected so they last longer than cut sprouts - fantastic!


No comments: