21 January 2005

I see the good...

I must just be the kind of person who sees the good in others. I recently tried to sell something on ebay, and the person who won the auction didn't pay or respond to any e-mails. I was SHOCKED! It wouldn't even occur to me to bid on something that I had no intention of really buying. I am really pissed - can you tell? I am super annoyed by the lack of consideration that I see in other people. Sean is amazed that things like this surprise me - maybe I am just not jaded. I had to file a grievance against the person on ebay after waiting a long time hoping they would pay, and now I may not get as much money for the item.

As a future teacher, I like the fact that I see people for their good qualities. I want to believe that everyone is capable of being considerate and caring. I hope that I can see my students in an objective light after being trampled by society's rudeness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

am sorry to hear abt ur ebay thing... i used (alhto' i believe i still am) to see the good in others.. but few mistakes cost me dearly...financially, emotionally and physically (lyk am fatter as a result)... but my good friend said 'try be cynical a bit'.. and that advice i'll pass it to you..